|The Quest series has always been a versatile navigator for nearly any outdoor pursuit, and preloaded detailed road maps of all of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico make the Quest 2 even more popular to people looking for a small, yet full-featured, GPS device.
The Quest 2 features auto-routable, turn-by-turn, voice-prompted navigation with automatic off-route and detour recalculation. With the brilliant 256-color backlit TFT display, the Quest 2 is easy to read in any light. This waterproof unit also has a rechargeable internal lithium-ion battery that provides up to 20 hours of use.
The Quest 2 comes pre-loaded with City Select North America NT, which features full coverage of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico—including nearly six million points of interest like gas stations, ATMs, hotels, restaurants, and attractions. The Quest 2 also accepts optional MapSource cartography like U.S. Topo, U.S. Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots®, and BlueChart®.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
- Quest 2 features:
- Weighs just 5.5 oz. and measures 4.5” W x 2.2” H x 0.9” D
- GPS antenna folds flush with the unit when not in use
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS
- Preloaded with City Select NT data that provides mapping detail throughout the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico (including rural areas). Displays residential streets, addresses, and business listings.
- 140 MB supplemental map storage is available for downloading map detail from other MapSource products (U.S. versions only)
- Built-in Americas basemap with automatic routing capabilities, including highways and exits
- Voice prompts for navigation instructions and warnings using 12-volt speaker (included)
- Sunlight-readable, 2.2” W x 1.5” H, 256-color, high-resolution, reflective TFT (240 x 160 pixels)
- LED backlit display and keypad
- Battery life up to 20 hours on internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- 500 user locations (waypoints) with name, category, comment, and graphic symbol
- Route Planner lets you save 50 routes, specify via points, and preview turns
- Auto sort multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for deliveries and sales calls
- Customizable road segment and area avoidance
- Automatic routing allows you to select a destination and get detailed, turn-by-turn directions
- Automatic off-route and detour recalculation
- “One-Button Home” feature quickly routes you home no matter where you are
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, user grid, and more
- Dual-position display mode
- Trip computer provides large speed display, odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more
- 10,000-point automatic track log lets you retrace your path
- Custom POI support
- 11 voice languages preloaded